Pre-workout supplements are popular among fitness enthusiasts who want to boost their energy, focus, and performance during workouts. However, if you’re planning to travel by plane, you may be wondering if you can bring your pre-workout with you. In this article, we’ll explore the rules and regulations regarding supplements on planes and provide some tips for traveling with them.
Rules and Regulations
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is responsible for screening passengers and their belongings at airports. According to the TSA, you are allowed to bring supplements in your carry-on or checked baggage, but there are some restrictions you need to be aware of.
- Liquids: If your pre-workout supplement is in liquid form, it must be in a container that is 3.4 ounces or less and placed in a clear, plastic, quart-sized bag. You are allowed one bag per person.
- Powders: If your pre-workout supplement is in powder form, it is allowed in your carry-on or checked baggage. However, if the powder is over 12 ounces, it will be subject to additional screening.
- Pills and capsules: If your pre-workout supplement is in pill or capsule form, it is allowed in your carry-on or checked baggage.
It’s important to note that the TSA may ask you to remove your supplements from your bag for additional screening. They may also test the supplements for explosives or other prohibited substances. If you’re unsure about whether your supplement is allowed on the plane, you can check the TSA’s website or contact them directly.
Tips for Traveling with Supplements
Here are some tips to help you travel with your pre-workout supplements:
- Check the TSA’s website before you pack your supplements to make sure they are allowed on the plane.
- Label your supplements with their names and ingredients to avoid confusion during screening.
- Bring only what you need for your trip to avoid carrying excess weight.
- Consider packing your supplements in your checked baggage to avoid additional screening.
- Bring a copy of the supplement facts label in case you need to show it to the TSA.
In conclusion, you can take pre-workout supplements on a plane as long as you follow the TSA’s rules and regulations. Liquids must be in containers that are 3.4 ounces or less and placed in a clear, plastic, quart-sized bag. Powders are allowed but may be subject to additional screening if they are over 12 ounces. Pills and capsules are allowed in both carry-on and checked baggage. By following these guidelines and using the tips provided, you can travel with your pre-workout supplements and stay energized and focused during your workouts.
You are looking : can you take pre workout on a plane